Beautiful Oceans Science Instructor Courses
Beautiful Oceans programs lead to the distinctive Science Instructor rating and certification, designed to provide dive professionals with a detailed understanding in selected topics of marine biology, ecology, species and ecosystems. Beautiful Oceans Science Instructor courses authorize Science Instructors to teach coral reef biology to divers and snorkelers, while at the same time providing them with the tools and the know-how for conducting state-of-the-art dive briefings. Becoming a Beautiful Oceans Science Instructor will make you more employable, knowledgeable and able to provide the better experiences that today's diver and snorkeller seeks from their adventures.
Utila Dive Centre offers two formulas to dive professionals who want to add the distinctive Science Instructor rating to their curriculum:
- Enroll in a Science Instructor Development Course (SIDC) upon your arrival at Utila, or
- Book a Beautiful Oceans Coral Reef Guardian or Science Instructor course with our PADI Divemaster or Instructor training and receive immediate online access to the Beautiful Oceans e-Academy
This second option allows you to make the most productive and constructive use of your time prior to arriving at Utila Dive Centre, and you'll get online access to the Beautiful Oceans state-of-the-art online course material, videos, quizzes and exams. You'll rapidly improve your knowledge of the Caribbean coral reef ecosystem, its architecture and the food web. You'll arrive on the island of Utila, Honduras with an intimate knowledge and scientific understanding of the environment where you'll soon be working as a dive professional. Whilst studying online, our staff will be able to guide you through the materials and grade your assignments.
Upon arrival, we'll hand out your Science Instructor materials, schedule your Science Instructor Examination (SIE) and take you out to our amazing coral reefs so you can apply in-water what you learned during the course and immediately enhance your enjoyment of coral reefs. There's no better way to start your training and education. No need to count down the days till you join us, just contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org to see how you can get the best start to your dive education and training in the Caribbean!
Download more information about Beautiful Oceans for free!
Your Science Instructor course fees include:
• Application fees and annual membership fees for courses ‘Coral Reef Architecture & Organisms’ and/or ‘Coral Reef Ecosystem & Foodweb’
• Science Instructor Online Development Course (begin learning online today in preparation of your examination. Your personal Science Instructor Trainer will make sure that you are never neglected and that you will always succeed!)
• SciencePAK (deluxe course binder, full-color state-of-the-art course manual)
• One (1) Creature Discovery Kit, comprised of collector’s binder insert & pocket dive slate
• One (1) Coral Reef Exploration Kit, comprised of a 3D coral reef map for dive briefing examination
• Science Instructor Manual (containing General Standards & procedures, course presentation notes, quizzes & exams for your students, SIDC workbooks with answer sheets)
• Three (3) Science Instructor Examinations: General Standards & Procedures Examination, Course Theory Examination, Dive Briefing Examination
• Full-colour (giant!) plasticized dive briefing slate 11”x17” for each course
• In-class Course Review Presentation CD-ROM
• Official diploma delivered by the Beautiful Oceans eAcademy
• Plastic certification card ‘Science Instructor’ for the current year
• Two dives
The two coral reef biology curriculum that Beautiful Oceans offers cover:
In addition to the student manuals, Instructors have Instructor manuals, CD-roms for presentations, giant dive briefing slates and online support from the Utila Dive Centre and Beautiful Oceans team. These programs are taught exclusively by Beautiful Oceans Science Instructors and are open to all PADI Divemasters & Instructors to qualify. You do not need to have been a diver for 6 months to take a Beautiful Oceans Science Instructor, as all learning is designed to take place online or in the classroom with optional application on discovery dives in the water.
We run Beautiful Oceans Coral Reef Guardian courses through the Utila Dive Centre. We were the 1st, and currently only, Beautiful Oceans Science Instructor Development Centre in Honduras or in Central America. We schedule Beautiful Oceans Science Diver/Instructor packages every month for our Divemasters and Instructors with immediate online registration and access to the course. Don't delay - use your time more productively, start today!
- As a dive professional are you interested in increasing your chances of finding employment?
- As a dive professional are you interested in teaching fun coral reef biology courses?
- As a dive professional are you interested in adding new skills to your curriculum?
- As a working dive professional are you interested in earning additional income from the job that you love?
By adding the distinctive rating 'Science Instructor' to your curriculum, you will be qualified to teach coral reef biology to divers and snorkelers, issue official Coral reef Guardian C-cards and significantly increase your chances of finding employment. Read on to hear testimonials what some of the dive industrys leading professionals from the most acclaimed and prestigious training facilities in the world have to say about Beautiful Oceans programs:
"I wanted to let you know that my course materials arrived today. I must say those are some of the nicest course materials I have ever seen. In 2 years of college and throughout all my PADI/DAN training I haven't seen materials that well put together, organized with such great images and descriptions. Thanks!" Jeremy Gosnell, Divemaster Oakland, California
"Comparing Beautiful Oceans courses and materials to any other existing programs out there is like comparing a pea shooter to an atomic bomb. Beautiful Oceans is an eye-opener and a must for any dive pro interested in coral reefs!" Dr. Alex Bryslke Senior Editor, Dive Training Magazine
"WOW is all I can say. I have learned so much in the first course, that I can't wait for the next. I just need to do my webcam presentation, and then get the rest of my assignments graded. Thanks so much for creating a great program!" Colyn Zylka, PADI Course Director Delafield, Wisconsin
"It's amazing that after so many years of diving your SIDC was able to completely change the way I look at coral reefs. Taking the 'Coral Reef Architecture & Organims' course was like switching on a light. By understanding the amazing interactions that occur between different reef organisms, I now even look at organisms like turf algae in a completely new way." Errol, Divemaster, Holetown, Barbados
“I have been thoroughly impressed by the quality of the training provided by Beautiful Oceans. Their coral reef biology courses promise to be a hit for Utila Dive Center and I am looking forward to passing this knowledge on to future Science Instructors and to customers that visit our local reefs.” -- Andy Phillips, PADI Course Director and Director of Professional Training, Utila Dive Centre ( www.utiladivecentre.com)
“I have been very impressed by the quality of the course material available to both the students and the instructor. The material is of the highest possible quality. It is, in fact, extremely impressive. Honestly.” -- Darcy Kieran, PADI Course Director and Owner of ‘Total Diving’ Montreal-based PADI Career Development Center ( www.totaldiving.com)
The Beautiful Oceans Coral Reef Guardian/Science Instructor package course can be completed in just 2 days per module and is open to all PADI Divemasters and Instructors exclusively in Honduras, through the ‘Utila Dive Centre/Utila Centre for Marine Ecology’. We run Beautiful Oceans Coral Reef Guardian/Science Instructor packages every month on Utila with dives on our local reef systems.
The costs are: Beautiful Oceans Coral Reef Guardian/Science Instructor course combined and materials (diver manual, diver slates, diver certification fees, Instructor manual, Instructor slates, CD Rom, Instructor application fee, Instructor membership fee) $700.
For more information on our Beautiful Oceans programs, please contact Beautiful Oceans Science Instructor Trainer Andy Phillips at email@example.com.