Our award winning PADI Scuba Instructor course, the Caribbean and Central Americas most professional and comprehensive PADI IDC
If you’re currently a PADI Divemaster (or qualifying certification from another dive training agency) and you wish to pursue a professional path to become a PADI Instructor, then we’ve developed the following package to help you make your dream come true by embarking on a professional dive career.
This program includes the PADI IDC and EFR Instructor course (2 week program) costs $2758.50 + arrival accommodation in Mango Inn hotel, up to 6 months reef tax/insurance, 1 log book, Rescue pocket mask, RDP's (Table and E-RDP) and all Instructor course (IDC crew pack), EFR Instructor materials and also includes all PADI application and examination fees of $657 for the PADI Instructor Examination and $86.5 for the Emergency First Response Instructor application.
Amazing Promotions for 2013 GoPro V 3.0!!!!!!
We have 3 amazing offers for candidates who want to GoPro in 2013 with the most awarded PADI Career Development Center and team in the Americas, and for all bookings taken by April 30th 2013 (book ASAP as limited availability see what we are offering in addition to all the other unbeatable benefits and value of training with Utila Dive Centre;
1) Book on our PADI Instructor course and get $100 off Instructor course when booked online, reduced from $1195 to $1095 and free PADI O2 Instructor course (limited availability per IDC you just pay manual and PADI fees), amazing offer with total savings up to $300!!!
2) Book our Premium Pro Plus package (IDC/EFR/MSDT) and add another $90 in savings so up to $190 in total off regular rates, plus free PADI O2 Instructor course (normally $200), and free IAHD Adaptive Teaching Instructor course (normally $350), so an amazing combined value package saving you $740, not just an amazing saving but we're the only facility in the Bay Islands to offer IAHD training!!
3) Go Sidemount - our promo's just get better and better, GoPro 3.0 and we'll offer you sidemount training, both diver and Instructor levels for a special reduced from $700 to $540 (you just pay PADI application fee), so another saving of $160.
Contact us email@example.com and quote GoPro 3.0 by April 30th 2013 and get savings of up to $900, simply unbeatable with unmatched training and the most value and credible PADI Instructor training in the Americas, in addition to all the other amazing benefits of training with Utila Dive Centre!
The PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor program is your final step in the quest to become a PADI Instructor. During the PADI IDC, you'll learn to use and adapt the PADI System of diver education to individual student needs. PADI Open Water Scuba Instructors may conduct a broad range of PADI programs, from Discover Scuba to Divemaster. The PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor rating with Utila Dive Centre's PADI Career Development Centre sets you apart from the crowd. PADI Instructors do things others can only daydream about! If you want to live an extraordinary life, you're in the right place.
What do I need to start?
- PADI Divemaster or Assistant Instructor certification (or if crossing over as an Instructor, then have been an instructor in good standing with another training organization for at least six months, check with a PADI Course Director or PADI Office for qualifying credentials.)
- Hold a dive certification for at least six months
- Have 60 logged dives that include night, deep and navigation dives
- Proof of CPR training within the last 24 months
- Medical clearance signed by a physician
What will I do?
- Knowledge development through self-study, quizzes, lectures and presentations
- Confined water skill review and assessment, workshops and presentations
- Open water workshops, rescue assessment and candidate presentations
- Have at least 60 logged dives prior to entering a PADI Instructor Exam
How long will it take?
- Times can vary from seven days to two weeks or more with our scuba instructor internship
For candidates who are already certified as PADI Divemaster prior to arriving on Utila, for your IDC there have been changes to the curriculum from January 2010 which now allow you to;
1) Study and pre-assess your dive theory online.
2) Study 9 of the course presentations online which can be used to save time from the course and start 3 days later than our ‘Live delivery’ IDC with the start date on the Saturday evening at 5pm. The course