develop your ability to retail dive equipment and counsel divers into continuing education programs.
Our pass rate is 100% at the PADI Instructor Examinations. However, we measure our success by how successful our Instructor candidates are after their training with us. The fact that many of our past IDC candidates are now working throughout Honduras, Central America, and the rest of the world, in prominent positions as resort management and also as Course Directors themselves, is the real benchmark! In fact, you'll find whilst searching for the right IDC facility for your training or scuba diving internship that our philosophies and approach to training Instructors are often imitated - but we can guarantee they are never surpassed!
Unlike most PADI IDC facilities, we schedule our IDC program over a period of 11 days, from 8am to 5pm, in order to make the course much more relaxed and to give us more time to focus on individual counseling and development. Our staff will always be in the facility, from 7am to 7pm, for individual coaching. Our IDC’s are scheduled to end 2 days before local PADI IE’s commence, allowing time if necessary for our in-house Course Director to remediate with individual candidates.
At the Utila Dive Centre we conduct our IDC’s in modern air-conditioned classrooms, using the latest PowerPoint multi media presentations. We have an on site training pool for more time in the water on individual skill development. Our Open Water training sessions will be conducted on Utila’s reefs to prepare you for when you come to teach in similar environments. At the end of your Instructor Development Course, you’ll attend a 2 day Instructor Examination which will then qualify you to teach as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor. If you really want to get a head start to your dive career, then after the Instructor Examinations we offer all different kinds of Instructor level continuing education programs from PADI, DAN and DSAT Tec courses. These are scheduled to begin after the IE, and we can arrange package deals as part of a career-training program at our resort. The dive industry is like any other in terms of competitiveness for employment and newly qualified Instructors often find that the challenge after passing their Instructor Examination is in securing suitable employment. At Utila Dive Centre our staff, with their extensive network of contacts in the region and worldwide, will do their best to assist you in finding employment with their placement service, but to facilitate your chances of gaining employment as a PADI Instructor you can give yourself the best possible head start by enrolling in our ‘Premium Pro Plus’ program.
Our IDC includes
- Free 2 day IDC Preparation program
- Pool session and free try dive on rebreathers (subject to availability). No other staff on Utila are trained or qualified to offer this additional experience or insight into future technologies
- Free Internet access
- Free lunch buffets
- Dive for free for life with our internships!!!!!
- Global Dive Network/TrekCATS membership card
- Additional work shops on Rescue techniques and technical diving
- The most comprehensive range of Instructor level continuing education programs including exclusive access to the Beautiful Oceans marine ecology courses
- The only certified and authorised rebreather staff in Honduras
- Complimentary Prestige card that offers special rates for diving with our partners through Central America, Thailand and Australia-another unique benefit with our facility and network
- The longest serving team on Utila, with the highest rated Course Director in Central America 'Platinum status'. No other Course Director in Central America has achieved this rating as often
- 2 Course Directors involved on your program and a guaranteed group size of no more than 6 candidates
- Tuition in English, Spanish, French, Dutch, German and Hebrew
- Guaranteed pass at the IE or free IDC and IE
- On site accommodation
- Job placements, proven and successful
- The only full service retail store on Utila with special discounts for our candidates
- Additional study and support materials, free of charge, designed to aid your learning development
- A lot of fun loving people in our facility and on your PADI Instructor course!!!!!
This option is ideal for candidates who have to leave a few days after the exams are completed and do not have time for the complete Premium Pro Plus program, but have time to take this Instructor rating with us, as your very first class may be a Enriched Air/Nitrox class.
You can complete the academics with PADI's e-Learning course now. Though additional costs apply, the e-Learning course gives great time savings prior to arriving on Utila for candidates on limited timelines. For more information on how to sign up for this option, please let us know of your interest.
Call us +1-305-4205959, we'll call right back for a personal discussion about your professional training goals, specific course prices, requirements and other questions, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org