PADI Assistant Instructor course
The PADI Assistant Instructor course is the first portion of the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC). With this course, you'll not only gain additional experience as a PADI professional, but you'll also start learning the PADI System of diver education.
What can PADI Assistant Instructors do?
- Teach academic presentations under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Evaluate Open Water Diver surface skills under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Teach the PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty course
- Teach Project AWARE Specialty courses
- Conduct PADI Discover Scuba experiences
- Teach Emergency First Response after successful completion of an Emergency First Response Instructor course
What will I need to start?
- PADI Divemaster rating or qualifying certification from another certification organization
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have 60 logged dives, including night, deep, and navigation dives
- Have been a certified diver for at least 6 months
What will I do?
- Knowledge development through self-study, quizzes, lectures and presentations
- Confined water skill review and assessment, workshops and presentations
- Open water workshops, rescue assessment and candidate presentations
How long will it take?
- The course can vary from as little as three days to more than two weeks.
- The Assistant Instructor portion is the 1st component of the PADI Instructor Development Course and builds upon Divemaster training.
- The Assistant Instructor course is a 5-day program which introduces you to the role of an instructional assistant, both in academic teaching and in confined & open water training. As an Assistant Instructor, you immediately improve your employability within the dive industry and increase your earnings potential.
This program credits towards the PADI Instructor Development Course and allows you to gain experience as an instructional assistant before deciding to commit to the IDC. The Assistant Instructor course can be conducted as part of the PADI IDC or as a stand-alone program.
After certification, many of our PADI Assistant Instructors go on to work closely with our Instructors at Utila Dive Centre and gain practical real world teaching experience, plus get paid for it!
Call us at +1-305-4205959 and we'll call right back for a personal discussion about your professional training goals, specific course prices, requirements and other questions. Or e-mail email@example.com