Utila Dive Centre Pro Package Learning Agreement
- Full payment must be completed prior to the start of the course, this is an island and power outages can cause bank delays, the ATM can be out of order etc…. However it is every candidate’s responsibility to ensure that full payment is made prior to the start of the IDC. There will be a 10% surcharge on any outstanding course fees not paid by 5pm on the 1st Saturday after the course has commenced.
- Any request to pay by bank transfer should be initiated prior to arriving on Utila, these are extremely difficult to arrange on the island. We recommend that payment is made by bank transfer to our USA or UK accounts, this is the safest and securest method, with the minimum of commissions, though transfer fees do exist.
- After the program has commenced no reimbursements can be made. However should sickness or other special circumstances force a candidate to withdraw from the program then they can join the next scheduled course at no extra charge (at the discretion of the management).
- A package/program booked cannot be changed/transferred to a different program or course once started e.g. An Instructor course or IYT course cannot be dropped and switched to a tec course, photo course or eco program, vice versa etc. We honour and schedule everything offered and communicated to you, and schedule staffing, materials and our training accordingly and a commitment needs to be honoured and respected by all parties involved.
- Refunds will only be issued for in cases of family emergency of bereavement or medical emergencies. Certificates will need to be produced for refunds to be issued and will only be paid for courses not yet started. If a refund is issued and the package is not completed, then all previous discounts applied to courses will not be valid and the individual course rates will be charged. All refunds will be less a $400 booking deposit and any reduced/pre-week dives will be charged at the full rate.
- No refunds will be issued when a client has purchased the GoPro ‘Head to Toe’ equipment package that requires the client to complete up to Instructor training. Instead the courses will be rescheduled at the client’s convenience.
- The use of drugs and/or alcohol during the program is forbidden and anyone under the influence will be asked to leave the program, no refunds will be issued.
- All course offerings are scheduled at UDC’s best ability, UDC will not be responsible for delays due to weather conditions.
- The GoPro package is a ‘Development’ program. Please be open‐minded and display a professional attitude and demeanor during the program and be flexible to change.
General Terms and Conditions
- Participation in the Dive Operators’ Reef Tax Scheme is compulsory for everybody diving at the Utila Dive Centre. This Tax includes a contribution to local conservation, the community and to the hyperbaric chamber facility.
- Strict depth limits are applied for all divers as follows:
Open Water Divers – 18meters/60feet,
Advanced divers certified after June 1998 – 30 meters/100feet
Advanced divers certified before June 1998 and divers with the
PADI Deep Diver Specialty certification-40 meters/130 feet
- The use of drugs and alcohol before diving is strictly prohibited.
- The management does not accept liability for accidents or injuries occurring on the premises of either the dive shop or the hotel. Please be careful, as this is often a slippery and wet environment.
- Customers will be charged full replacement cost for all equipment that is lost, so please ensure your equipment is logged back in and signed by a member of staff. Replacement costs are as follows: Weights $4/pound, Mask $30 (Prescription $80), Snorkel $5, Belts $10, Wetsuit $100, Fins $30, BCD $300, Regulator $300.
- There is a $50 service charge for any regulator rinsed without the dustcap.
- Course schedules are offered in good faith. The management reserves the right to delay the start of a course. Should a course be delayed for any reason, students in the Mango Inn will be charged standard room rates.
- Please contact Utila Dive Centre as soon as you wish to make any changes to your scheduled trip. If you choose to amend your program, every effort will be made to accommodate the change however additional fees may apply. We will do our utmost to accommodate your requests.
- Courses are scheduled so they can be finished in the number of days allocated. Should a student miss either a classroom or water session, he or she will have to reimburse the instructor at the rate of $20.00 per classroom session and $35.00 per water session. The session will be made up at the instructors convenience.
- Should delays occur in the schedule during a course due to weather or any other reason, the student must pay the standard room rate at the hotel Mango Inn.
- Should a student fail to complete their course (open water, advanced, rescue or specialties) for any reason, charges shall be levied as follows:
After one day: $150 +$3 reef fee and 2 free nights at the hotel
After two days: $180 +$6 reef fee and 3 free nights at the hotel
From third day: No refund will be offered.
- Free fun dives are only valid until the day after the open water course has been completed and only the student attending the course may use them.
- UDC is not responsible for any damage, loss or theft of any personal effects. Please do not bring valuables to the dive shop. Please use the safe facilities at your hotel.
- There is an 8% charge to use a credit card at our facilities. The charge will be made in Lempira. Check in the office for the current exchange rate. There is a 6% charge when using PayPal. We do not share your personal information with third parties.
- Deposits are non-refundable but valid if you reschedule you trip.
Use of our Website
- Copyright. All screens appearing on this site including graphics, text elements, site design, logos, images and icons, as well as the selection, assembly and arrangement thereof, are the sole property of Utila Dive Centre unless otherwise specified. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. Permission is granted to for using this site as a shopping or informational resource. Any other use of materials on this site, including reproductions, modification, distribution, re-transmission or publication of any copyrighted materials is strictly prohibited without the expressed written consent of Utila Dive Centre.
- Trademarks. All Trademarks, service marks, and trade names (Collectively the “Marks”) are proprietary to utiladivecenter.com or other respective owners that have granted Utila Dive Centre the right and license to use such Marks.
- Indemnifications. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Utila Dive Centre from any and all unauthorized use you may make of any material on the site. You acknowledge that unauthorized use of the contents could cause irreparable harm to Utila Dive Centre and that in the event of an unauthorized use, Utila Dive Centre shall be entitled to an injunction in addition to any other remedies available at law or in equity.
- Please be aware that, at times, information stated on our website may be inaccurate: prices may have changed, dive destinations added/no longer on offer, package details changed. Utila Dive Centre will endeavor to keep our website updated and to adhere to information on the website, but it may not always be possible.
- Utila Dive Centre does not collect personally identifying data from this website except when specifically and knowingly provided by you. We may use your personal information only for services within Utila Dive Centre. We do not transfer it to third parties. With the input of your personal data you permit the storage of the data and the usage of it for processes associated with Utila Dive Centre. We only sends emails to individuals who have expressly shared their address for the purpose of receiving offers and information in the future.